Quinoa and Roast Veg Jam Jar Salad
Quinoa makes a great base for this salad in a jar – it’s tasty, naturally gluten free, and a source of complete plant protein which is ideal for those following a plant-based diet. Although it’s native to South America, quinoa is also now grown in the UK.
– serves 1 –
- 1 portion cooked quinoa
- your choice of veg – courgette, red peppers, yellow peppers, mushrooms, sweet potato
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tin chickpeas
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ½ lemon
1. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions or rip open the packet if you’re using pre-cooked quinoa instead. Set aside to cool.
2. Wash and cut the vegetables (courgette, pepper, mushrooms, sweet potato) into bite sized cubes. Place on a baking tray, sprinkle with half the tamari and some olive oil and roast for 20 minutes till cooked. Cool slightly, then mix with the cooked quinoa. This is your Roast Veg and Quinoa Salad.
3. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half.
4. Drain and rinse the chick peas.
5. Mix the sesame seeds, olive oil, tamari soy sauce and lemon juice. This is your Tamari Sesame Dressing.
quinoa and roast vegetable mix, top with the chickpeas. and cherry tomatoes
6. To assemble your salad start with the Roast Veg and Quinoa Salad and top with the chickpeas and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle on the Sesame Dressing and give everything a good shake.
Image Dan Dennis at Unsplash
[…] See the recipe… Buckwheat and Butternut Jam Jar Salad In fact there are so many ways to put this together. Instead of buckwheat you could use sweet potato or beans. This version uses quinoa as a base, includes lots of raw veg, and has a lovely Asian inspired taste. See the recipe… Quinoa and Roast Veg Jam Jar Salad […]