Spiced Sweet Potato and Aubergine Salad with Tahini
Subtly spiced with cumin and garlic and drizzled with a tahini sauce, this combo of roast aubergine and sweet potato gives the perfect ratio of carbs, protein and healthy fats. Delicious eaten with warmed crusty bread.
– serves 4 –
- 2 aubergines
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 lemons
- 10g fresh parsley
- 80g tahini
- 160g spinach leaves
- 30g pine nuts
- 30g omega-3 seed mix
- 20g fresh mint
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 7/280°C/180°C fan
- Slice the aubergines and sweet potatoes into long wedges and place evenly on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the ground cumin, some olive oil and a pinch of salt and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until golden, browned and soft.
- While the vegetables are roasting make your tahini dressing. Peel and chop the garlic wash and chop the parsley finely and chop the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl and add the garlic and leave for 10 minutes. Then add the tahini, chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and 150ml of warm water. Stir and set aside.
- There is also time to make the salad roast. Wash the spinach dry and place in your serving bowl. Warm a small frying pan then add the pinenuts and omega three seed mix and gently toast until brown. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes. Finally stripped the mint leaves from the stems and sliced them finely.
- When the aubergine and sweet potato are fully cooked divide them onto the spinach leaves sprinkle over the toasted nuts and seed mix and drizzle with the tahini dressing.